Tuesday, June 7, 2011

I like the word 'contend'

The last four days in Isaiah have given me a new thought about my enemies. Not that I have enemies. But I do have a person in my extended family (who will remain nameless) that considers me an enemy. So when I read Isaiah 49:25 I thought, "Aha!" God says, "I will contend with those who contend with you." I can't just forget all the hate mean words and let God contend with this person. Sometimes Satan just tries to sidetrack us from doing good. Don't let him. Let God contend with your enemies and focus on what he has called you to do.

Isaiah 52:12 assures me that the Lord will go before me to prepare my way and the God of Israel will be my rear guard. As I follow God's leading I can be comforted that He has my back.

No comments:

Post a Comment