Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day Gone Bad

It wasn't really bad but I thought that was a catchy title. However it did cause heart palpitations. I called early and wished my dad a happy Father's Day. I told him I would be over at 5:00 with dinner. I had to get my Sunday nap in. So I told Jim to wake me up at 4:30. When he woke me up I thought, hmmmm, what shall I get for dinner and be there at 5:00. Chinese. It only takes 10 minute! That's what they always say no matter what I order. Since I have The Bamboo House programmed in my phone, I gave them a call. Yep, Colonel Tsao's chicken, hot wings, sweet and sour soup, egg drop soup and fried rice would all be ready in 10 minute. They never put the s on the end of minute. I wonder why?

So I picked it up and got to dad's house at 5:00. I got dad and Cathy's plates ready and gave them dinner in their chairs. Dad has this bad habit of feeding his little dog Molly everything he eats. Well he gave her a hot wing with the bone in it! She got choked on the bone!!! So dad jumped up and grabbed Molly. He saw her choking. I tried to help. Dad could see the bone lodged in her throat. I tried a couple of times to get it out and hoped she wouldn't bite me. Poor little Molly was scared to death. Me, dad and Cathy were all praying while this was happening. Finally after what seemed like forever, dad got the bone out of her throat. By then we all needed a tranquilizer to calm down.

I promptly took all the chicken wings off their plate and said they couldn't have them anymore. I said it in a nice way. If Molly would have died I would have felt responsible for bringing the Chinese food. Who knew dad would give her a bone!

Before I left I took all the chicken off the bones and left it in a bowl in the fridge. I took the bones outside to the trash can where Molly could not find them.

After all the drama, we had a nice Father's Day visit. No more bones in dad's house! Not from me at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment