Each year AJ organizes his co-workers at National Bank of Indianapolis for Coporate Challenge. This is a fun event at the IUPUI track and field where companies compete against each other in many sporting events. AJ participated in the frisbee toss, obstacle course and the relay race.
Saturday, September 24th, also happened to be the day of the Word of Life Flashpoint Conference at Grace. This year I decided my son was my priority for the day. I got up early and followed Angel downtown at 9:45. AJ had gone much earlier. We parked on the very top of the parking garage and proceeded to put Evangeline in her stroller for the walk to the track. Ari held my hand and we were off to see AJ's event.
We arrived just in time to watch him run in the Obstacle Course. I knew he could run very fast but I was amazed at how he took the narrow balance beam with four steps and never broke stride. Wow! This is a picture of his team.
After that we had about an hour until AJ's relay race. Angel took Ari to play in an area set up for children while I held Evangeline. She fell asleep with noise and cheering going on all around her. It was fun to hold her even when she is sleeping.
The moment we had all been waiting for arrived. The relay race! AJ was the first leg of the relay with his friend Rob being the last. They are both soooooo fast! As AJ took off he left everyone in his dust. All the way around the track he was out in front. No one came close to him. Another wow!
He reminded me of the verse Isaiah 40:31 "But those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles they will run and not grow weary, they will lwalk and not be faint." AJ definitely has his hope in the Lord and he didn't get weary running.
After the race, I did go on to the Flashpoint Conference. But I'm so happy that I kept my son as the priority of the day.
No comments:
Post a Comment