This is a very fun life changing event. Owen was born on September 30. Erin returned to working full time in December. I decided Owen could not grow up in Wheaton without knowing his Nanny in Indianapolis. So for one week every month I travel to Illinois and babysit sweet little Owen.
That is where I am this week. It is a nice break from the pressures of normal life. I just get to play with Owen, sing to him, and kiss his little ears which always makes him smile.
This morning he woke up at 7:30. Yesterday was 5:30. I had my two cups of morning coffee and was ready for him to wake up and play. At 7:30, I went upstairs and peaked in on him. His eyes were open. I smiled and said, "Good Morning Owen!". He gave me the biggest smile and we were up and running for the day.
Our morning routine consisted of reading Brown Bear, Brown Bear, jumping in his Jumperoo, watching Elmo's Ducks and bath time. Yes, bath time. This little boy loves water. I poured it on his head to rinse after shampooing. No problem. Oh, there was one problem. Baxter!!! The drying towel was on the counter for after Owen's bath. Baxter jumped up and pulled it off. Then he proceeded to start ripping it. I couldn't leave Owen in the bathtub. Babies are more important than towels. Poor towel :( It will never be the same.
A baby lotion massage on his changing table came next. This is one of his favorite spots. Now he has on a new outfit, swaddled and down for a nap at 10:00. That's why I can blog. I really should be taking a shower while Owen naps. But I prefer to blog. Hopefully there will be time for both.
I always thought the term mothers-in-law quarters was strange. Now I have one! We gave our old family room furniture to Erin and Chris. It is in their den....my new home away from home. I like it!
Goodbye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment