Today I read Psalm 119:129-136 for my daily Quiet Time. These eight veres could give me enough to think about for a long time.
Verse 129 "Your statutes are wonderful therefore I obey them." Hmmm, Yes I agree God's word is wonderful but do I fully obey what I read? No, I need to work on it.
Verse 130 " The unfolding of your words gives light; it gives understanding to the simple." How often do we seek knowledge and yet walk in darkness? The Bible lights our way. It has been said the more intelligent a person is, the harder it is for them to be saved. Is that because they trust in knowledge not God? I'm glad this verse says even the simple will have understanding through reading the Bible.
Verse 131 "I open my mouth and pant, longing for your commands." I don't know that I pant. But I truly miss it when I do not start my day with reading the Bible. This was a busy weekend and I did not apend time on Saturday and Sunday morning in the Word. I missed it and did not feel that my day had the calmness and peace that I usually have from my morning Quiet Time.
Verse 132 "Turn to me and have mercy on me, as you always do to those who love your name." I feel confident in God's love for me and His daily presence in my life.
Versse 133 "Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me." Wow, this is a verse I should pray daily for myself and my children and my grandchildren. It is easy to choose the direction of our steps each day. But how often do we ask God to direct them according to His word? Then, I'm sure each day would be used for the best outcome. In a world filled with addictions, praying that no sin would rule over me or my family is important. The world calls addictions an illness or disease which allows excuses. When we call it sin, we can be assued that Jesus died to pay for it and we can be free.
Versse 134 "Redeem me from the oppression of men, that I may obey your precepts." Personally I have felt oppressed by the hate of my niece. Now, I just give it to God and pray blessings on her life.
Verse 135 "Make your face shine upon your servant and teach me your decrees." It feels so good to lay in the sun and soak up the warmth of the rays. God shining on me is far better. But I still love the sun.
Verse 136 "Streams of tears flow from my eyes, for your law is not obeyed." I don't cry but I feel very sad when I see so many people without God in their life. They will never be fulfilled and at peace. Only a relationship with Jesus can give us that in our life.
So that's my synopis of today's Bible reading.
No comments:
Post a Comment