When Jim and I were away over memorial day, we spent time by the pool in the morning reading Isaiah (Word of Life Quiet Time) and the Proverb that corresponds with the day of the month. Since I work from home most days I have the time to do this each morning while I watch the birds from my comfy chair in the corner and drink my coffee. Jim has to leave for work by 7 a.m. and doesn't have as much time available.
I mentioned to him that I had a blog for the past three years but don't keep up with it. He suggested that I share what inspired me each day from my time in the Word. So here is day 1.
My favorite part when I read Isaiah 46 was verse 3-4. "Listen to me, O house of Jacob, all you who remain of the house of Israel, you whom I have upheld since you were conceived, and have carried since your birth. Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescure you." Isn't that a great verse!
When God says that He has upheld his chosen ones since conception, I think of Chris and Erin who are hope to conceive in August. Even now I am praying for their baby even before conception. God is ready to care for their little one from the point of conception.
Then when God says I have carried you since birth, I think of Evangeline. She is a sweetie pie. Gary Walker's daughter had so much difficulty during childbirth that we continually prayed for Angel to have a quick and easy delivery. Little Eva was born one day after her due date on May 3. Angel had a smooth labor and good delivery using a midwife. Eva was healthy and sturdy at 8.5 pounds.
God promises to carry us throughout our life to old age an gray hair (I color mine). My dad is 79 and said recently that the Lord told him he would be in heaven soon with mom. This was sad yet encouraging. Dad's pentecostal background made him doubt his eternal salvation. The Lord confirmed to him that he would be in heaven and dad was reassured.
Then the part that says I will sustain you and rescue you applies to me. God sustained me through my two month wait for a biopsy and rescued me from another cancer diagnosis. Praise the Lord!
So that is what I got from Isaiah today. From Proverbs 31 I identified with verse 27. "She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness." The verse that is definitely not me is verse 24 "She makes linen garments and sells them, and supplies the merchants with sashes." I don't sew but I'm very good at shopping for clothes :) Linen wrinkles to easily anyway and sashes draws attention to pot bellies. Not that I have one of course :)
Have a great day.
Great blog Pat. I love this verse and pray it all the time for my parents. Just knowing He will watch and sustain them at this time. So awesome God gave your dad assurance by the witness in his heart!
ReplyDelete