Hi Everyone,
I am happy to report that I attended three workshops this morning instead of sleeping in or sitting by the pool in the sun. When I told AJ I was so tired before the trip that I might just use it to rest, he said "My tithe dollars for your trip are not for the purpose of sun in the fun but learning to be a more effective children's director." Isn't it funny that the tables have turned and now my son is telling me to do the responsible thing. Next time I'm telling Erin my plans. I bet she would have said, "Mom you need your rest." I love both my kids very much and have figured who to ask for advice when I already know the answer I want to hear.
Anyway, todays workshops were on how to help children deal with hot topics like homosexuality, why 50 % of children brought up in church leave it during their college years, and how to help children who live with parents that have additions to drugs or alcohol. I learned a lot. The major point that stuck in my head is that children leave the church because they see their parents doing one thing on Sunday and not living the same way the rest of they week. The hypocrisy makes them turn away.
Brenda and I did get our pool time yesterday. She swam and I sunned myself. Today I took a short nap by the pool and enjoyed the sun again. Our afternoons are free time. Tonight we are taking the trolley to dinner on the town. They actually give us money to go out and experience San Diego. So we are trying to decide between the Gas Lamp Quarter or Old Town. I'll let you know tomorrow what we decide on my next blog.
Talk to you soon,
Pat
No comments:
Post a Comment