Monday, March 15, 2010

Second Report from San Diego

Hi Everyone,

I had to sign off quickly yesterday because the General Session was beginning. Sunday was a wonderful day of worship. Brenda and I are always serving in the nursery and the children that we often don't even make it to worship. Church becomes more of a job instead of a time to praise our King. I don't know how pastors feel but we feel drained if we don't have the opportunity to recharge our batteries and be in service ourselves to be fed and to worship.

So yesterday we chose the latest service possible on the church list from the info desk. We ruled out the Buddhist Temple, Jehovah Witnesses, etc. and chose a non-denomination church called The Rock. The pastor is Miles McPherson (I think). He is black and had us doing funny things like saying Glory and Love with his accent. He's written a book entitled "Do Something." I bought it at the church bookstore. The sermon was a series wrap up. He went over being Prepared, having a Purpose, allowing Pain to grow us, and serving with Passion. Their church has made a committment to the mayor to clean up the city. Everyone puts action to their faith by going out in the community...painting inner city schools, cleaning up trash...whatever is needed. At The Rock they are "Doing Something!" Brenda and I were very inspired. A funny thing happened when we were trying to find a parking space. Someone was about to back out and Brenda was waiting patiently to pull in the only vacant spot in the lot. Another car came from the other direction and tried to take our spot. Brenda (mild mannered person that she is) didn't let him. She said, "God provided this spot for us and I'm sure he will provide one for you too."

No comments:

Post a Comment