I love snow! This February we got plenty. On the blizzard days I stayed in my favorite corner (windows on two sides and a view of the pond) and watched the snow coming down and the birds at the feeders. Today a hawk was in the feeder tree. That was something new. Usually it is two woodpeckers, cardinals, doves, finches and speckled black birds. There were ducks and geese under the tree eating corn and bird seed that falls from the feeders. Sometimes I get carried away and can spend two hours there doing my Bible study, drinking coffee and watching the birds.
Another exciting thing that happened in February was the reorganizing of the children's department. Last Saturday over 30 people showed up to move tables, rockers, bulletin boards, etc from room to room. We were adding a third nursery room to accomodate our 33 babies at Grace. The new toddler room is my favorite. It has six little bucket seats in each table. The toddlers loved it. The volunteers got back strain. A six foot caterpillar is on back order for that room. The toddlers will love to crawl through it. If they go to the middle and refuse to come out, a teacher may have to crawl in and get them.
Four children made decisions for salvation this month. One in Kids' worship, two in Word of Life and one at home with her mom. We intentionally teach salvation messages once a quarter on Sunday and Wednesday. It is so wonderful to see these children respond to the clear message of forgiveness through Christ's death on the cross.
Last night Jim and I watched Julie and Julia. That movie inspired me to either learn to cook or blog. I decided blogging was easier. I'm not sure if anyone is reading but that's okay. It is a good way to record memories.
Bye for now.
Pat
No comments:
Post a Comment