






Wednesday evenings are so rewarding. Carol Lawlis and Michelle Hopper are helping me teach 15 children the basics they need to know as Christians. It is a five week class and so far we have covered Salvation, Baptism and Communion. Little Samantha Alexander pictured with a brownie in her mouth, accepted Christ with her mom as they were going through the Salvation booklet at home. Last night, she heard Michelle say that communion is for only those who are in God's family. She immediately said I'm in God's family but I don't know what page your on. When they actually took communion she said I know this isn't really blood. She's so sweet I want to take her home with me.
Afterwards we let the kids play in the gym. I'm attaching the pictures. Fifteen is a good number. On Sunday, we have 40 children! It's much harder to keep control. But I love them all. I just have to take long naps on Sunday afternoon to recover.
The Alexanders (picture) have had two children accept Christ in the last month in there home. Colton put a rose in the vase two weeks ago and Sammy will be doing that soon. The Corsaros (picture) are the leading verse memorizers in Kids' Worship. They are the reason Jay Stigdon (Kids' Worship leader) shaved his head. Six children memorized more than 30 verses in the last three months.
I'll blog about that next. Kids are motivated by funny things. But if it works, great!
No comments:
Post a Comment