Recently, I attended the Children's Pastors' Conference in San Diego. One of the workshops said that our churches are becoming Bible illiterate. The speaker said that most children and their parents cannot name the twelve disciples or the ten commandments. Last night, I put this to a test. During the lesson I was teaching about Judas, I asked the children to name the 12 disciples. I wrote everything they said on the board. We came up with 15 disciples. So I asked them who we should take out. The kids were fairly certain that Max should be cut from the list. They wavered on Philip, Luke and Mark. Most thought Paul replaced Judas after he hung himself. To encourage the children to dig into the Bible for themselves, I told them whoever brought a list of the 12 disciples to Word of Life next week would receive a Bible buck. Two girls had their list by the end of club.
So take the challenge. Can you name the 12 disciples. If not, it's an open book test. You can find the answer in the gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke and John). Email me the answer and I'll mail you a Bible buck.
Pat
No comments:
Post a Comment